Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My FIRST Disney blog!

So here it goes...


MY FIRST DISNEY BLOG!



First, a little about me.  My name is Erin and I am a travel consultant at a local travel agency, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, in State College, Pennsylvania.  The travel agency I work for has been in business locally for over 20 years and specializes in cruise, land, all-inclusive, group, Disney and destination wedding travel.  There are three (Sonia, Liz and myself) of us along with our boss in our office and I'm lucky to have such great co-workers that love what they do and are easy to work with! 




Sonia, the Penn State Nittany Lion & I @ business event
(I was pregnant w/ Cayden here)

Sonia, Liz and Friend during their visit to Europe for work
Steelers fans UNITE @ Steelers bar in Rome



I graduated in 2007 with my bachelors degree in marketing from Central Pennsylvania College in Harrisburg, PA.  I also graduated with an associates degree in travel and tourism. 

I interned through the Walt Disney College Program during my senior year in college. I interned in the vacation planning and marketing division at Walt Disney World.  I dealt with guests daily and helped with tickets, vacation planning and dining.  Working with Disney guests each day was a learning experience and very rewarding.  I also met and lived with the greatest roommates from New Jersey, New York, Arkansas and Pennsylvania.  We all came from different states but all shared the same love for Disney.  Some of the people I met while in Florida had such great stories that I will never forget!

When I graduated college I worked in advertising sales for our local newspaper and realized after two years, that it wasn't something I wanted to do long term, so I went with my gut and made the decision to start working for Expedia Nittany Valley.  I can honestly say it was the best decision that I've made professionally. If I'm taking time away from my family to work, I'm glad it is a career that is fulfilling and rewarding.

I can say that Disney has been a huge part of my life since I was three years old.  My Dad won our first family vacation to Walt Disney World from the company he works for.  I was three and my brother, Jared, was 6 months old when we experienced Disney World for the first time.  Since that first trip, my parents took us on a week long Disney vacation every two years.  We have made it a family tradition and getaway at times traveling with up to 18-20 family members!  To me, Disney World is my "happy place" and my getaway to leave work, modern day technology and schedules at home and really enjoy quality time with my family.  Over the years and many visits to Walt Disney World, I have been blessed with a lot of Disney knowledge from my experiences.  Now all grown up, married to my wonderful husband, Brian, and with a newborn baby boy of our own, I can't wait to keep the tradition of Disney going for our sweet baby boy, Cayden.

So combine my years of love for Disney with the internship that I had at Disney, I feel that I can help anyone plan the perfect Disney World or cruise vacation.

So this brings me to my blog.  I started this to go along with my job at the travel agency that I work for.  I will be posting tips, vacation ideas, promotions--basically ANYTHING Disney related!

Feel free to contact me with any questions!  estover@cruiseshipcenters.com

Click on the links below to visit our travel agency's website and LIKE us on Facebook!

Thank you to my Mom and Dad for the Disney traditions!
I love you both bunches! xo


@ Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort


No comments:

Post a Comment